Broadcast 24 hours per day, seven days per week on a terrestrial wavelength and via satellite, Diaspora FM’s viewers include Benin residents and the 3 million Benin citizens in the diaspora. Thanks to a dynamic team, programs are aired in French and the local languages Aizo and Fon, using the latest generation equipment, and the station thereby fills the radio waves with high quality programming for its millions of listeners in the world.
Making use of specially developed programs in-house, the station broadcasts economic, cultural, environmental and political news of Benin, of Africa and the world for its Benin residents as well as the Benin expatriate community.
Among the debates, magazines about the environment and political overviews dedicated to international relations, here are some of our programs which reach a large audience:
- “Musicale info”, a cultural and leisure time programme;
- “L’autre école”, an educational programme;
- « Hotadji », a daily programme in the local Fongbé lanaguage, notably spoken in Parakou and Djougou in Benin ;
- “Le rendez-vous aïzo”, on the same principal as the “Hotadji” in the local aïzo language spoken princiapply in the Allada Plateau;
- “Les béninois de la diaspora”, a programme dedicated to the concerns of the life of Benin citizens in the diaspora; and
- “Diaspora d’ici et d’ailleurs” a programme which gives the word to the community of foreigners living in Bénin.